Please read these guidelines closely before proceeding to the application. Conference registration is at nfu.org/education/womensconference, where you can also find hotel information.
- Applicant must be a Minnesota Farmers Union member in good standing.
- Applicants must have plans to attend the National Farmers Union Women’s Conference.
- Applicants must complete the Minnesota Farmers Union (MFU) NFU Women’s Conference Scholarship Application, either online here or by printing out the PDF and returning it to Minnesota Farmers Union, Attn: Glen Schmidt, Education Director, 305 Roselawn Ave E, Suite 200, St. Paul, MN 55117 by the application deadline, Dec. 1.
- Applications should be completed on the online form or mailed to the above address or scanned and emailed to email@example.com with the subject line NFU Scholarship.
- Applications must be completed by the person to whom the scholarship will be awarded.
- Late applications will not be accepted. Applications must be postmarked or received electronically by Dec. 1.
- Applications will not be returned to the applicant.
- Minnesota Farmers Union reserves the right to print any portion of the winning applicant’s scholarship application in Minnesota Agriculture including name and county.
- A committee will review all eligible applications received by Dec. 1.
- Priority will be given to those who have not received a scholarship in the past.
- The committee will reach its decision by Dec. 5.
- The committee will consist of the President of Minnesota Farmers Union, the Vice President of Minnesota Farmers Union, the Education Director and other Minnesota Farmers Union staff.
- Up to five scholarship winners will receive $1,000 to be used towards the cost of registration, hotel stay and travel expenses for the NFU Women’s Conference.
- Scholarship winners will be responsible for their own registration, travel and lodging arrangements for the conference.
- Scholarship winners may choose to room with other participants also attending the conference to lower their costs.
- The winner(s) of the scholarship will be notified and possibly featured in an edition of Minnesota Agriculture.
- Scholarship recipients are required to attend all NFU Women’s Conference programming.
- Scholarship winners may be asked to give a short presentation at the state or county level about their experience at the conference.