What I think you should do is celebrate the summer nights, because they do not last forever.
About this event
Please join us on July 30 for our summer dinner at Clear Spring Farm. After a two-year hiatus, we are so excited to celebrate together again! In collaboration with Melodee and Hugh from Clear Spring Farm, we are also excited to work again with Claudine Arndt and Katie Cannon from Minnesota Cooks.
Our goal for this dinner is honor all of the small, local farms and producers we have right here in the area and create a hyper-local menu highlighting that week’s harvest. While we cannot give you a set menu at this time, please know that we do this to keep the menu as close to 100% local as possible.
We will be working with the following local producers:
- McCurdy Farm (Featherstone Township) – Bresse chickens
- Clear Spring Farm (Welch) – yak
- Perennial Pantry (Burnsville) – kernza
- The Greensted (Zumbrota) – micro greens & lettuce greens
- Overlander Organics (Welch) – produce and fruit
- Sweet Haven tonics (New Ulm) – tonics for mock tails
- Tilion Brewery (Cannon Falls) – beer
- Keepsake Cidery (Dundas) – cider
The farm opens at 4:30 p.m. and Melodee, Clear Spring Farm owner, will be offering a tour to learn about the farm and her majestic yaks. Live music from Slapdash Bluegrass, yard games, beverages and tray passed appetizers will start soon after at 5 p.m. A family style dinner with communal seating will begin between 6 and 6:30 p.m.
A cash bar will be available all evening long as well as a lemonade stand to support two young entrepreneurs.
Gather your friends and family, purchase your tickets and mark your calendars – our summer dinner on the farm is one you will not want to miss!
For questions, please call The Bleu Dog Cafe, 651-388-7494.