Please check back often for more resources
Family farmers join MFU for the community. Together, we make up a collective voice from all corners of Minnesota and all kinds of agriculture, big, medium and small, that represents YOU in government at all levels. Our grassroots policy comes straight from the initiatives of members at various membership events held throughout the state and virtually. Membership events provide opportunities to make friends, grow in leadership and learn from other farmers in our big-tent network. It’s hard to put a price tag on that.
$200 Membership Event Incentive Criteria
- The Membership Event must include a 15-minute presentation about MFU or about projects/programs/legislative work/topics related to MFU
- The Membership Event must include a call to action to join MFU
- A MFU staff or elected officer (county or state) must be present at the event
- There must be a minimum of 10 attendees
- The event must be published a minimum of two weeks in advance in at least one outlet (MN Agriculture, a local newspaper, Facebook, Instagram, Eventbrite, on a website, etc.)
- *This $200 incentive may be received once annually. It is separate and in addition to the incentives associated with county conventions.
- *This incentive is only available for in-person events and does not apply to virtual events.
- *Children under twelve years old do not count toward the minimum attendance requirement.
- If multiple counties collaborate on an event, each county to draw 10 attendees to the event is eligible to receive the $200 incentive.
- *With prior approval from Gary or Claudine, these dollars may also be used for other initiatives that help promote MFU, such as purchasing 4-H animals or signs at county fairs.