At both the state and national levels, Farmers Union greatly appreciates the efforts put forth by our local and county organizations, and we wish to give recognition to those groups doing all they can to demonstrate leadership in their communities.
To gain state and national recognition, there is a Leadership Achievement Award with National Farmers Union for counties for building our grassroots membership. Those selected for the award will receive recognition for their work.
What does a county have to do to qualify?
- Hold at least 4 meetings per calendar year
- Have your county organization represented at a minimum of two state and/or national meetings a year
- Participate in or conduct at least two community activities or programs during the calendar year
- Have your county organization represented during the calendar year at one local and/or state cooperative organization function
- Experience a membership increase over the previous year
Every MFU county that achieves a NFU Leadership Achievement Award will receive a certificate from NFU and other rewards for their work.
For questions on how your county can meet these criteria, please contact MFU Membership and Outreach Director Bruce Miller at firstname.lastname@example.org.