Farmers Union greatly appreciates the efforts put forth by our local and county organizations, and we wish to give recognition to those groups doing all they can to demonstrate leadership in their communities.
Counties that consistently build membership, hold events and are active in MFU state events can qualify for the Leadership Achievement Award with National Farmers Union. Those selected for the award will receive recognition for their work at the NFU convention.
What does a county have to do to qualify?
- Hold at least four meetings per calendar year.
- Have your county organization represented at a minimum of two state and/or national meetings a year.
- Participate in or conduct at least two community activities or programs during the calendar year. An explanation of the event is required.
- Have your county organization represented during the calendar year at one local and/or state cooperative organization function. This can include supply or marketing cooperatives, electric cooperatives, telephone cooperatives and others. An explanation is required.
- Experience a membership increase over the previous year.
Every MFU county that achieves a NFU Leadership Achievement Award will receive a certificate from NFU and other rewards for their work. The county will also be recognized at the NFU convention.
For questions on how your county can meet these criteria, see this flyer from NFU. You may also contact MFU Membership and Outreach Director Bruce Miller at firstname.lastname@example.org or Operations Director Laura Sherar at email@example.com.
For the 2018 cycle, certification forms must be submitted to the MFU State Office by Jan. 3, 2019.