October 10, 2013 at 03:22pm
St. Paul (October 2, 2013) - Minnesota Farmers Union (MFU) believes our future is in the hands of our youth and that is why we proudly support 4-H in Minnesota, and want to recognize them during National 4-H week, October 6-12.
“Minnesota Farmers Union thanks the 4-H program for fostering confidence and character in our youth, and building stronger communities,” said Doug Peterson, Minnesota Farmers Union President. “Learning the importance of giving back, and of community, is vital to our economy and the 4-H program does this while also teaching kids the skills needed to succeed, and I commend the 4-H programs for that.”
MFU supports our youth and 4-H in the following ways:
- financial support by buying animals at the 4-H auction;
- providing championship signs for winners at the State Fair;
- working at the Legislature to ensure adequate funding for 4-H;
- sponsors Pioneer Public Television’s showing of the 4-H auction on television; and
- joins 4-H in building youth leadership through our leadership camps.
Minnesota Farmers Union will continue to fight for 4-H and help build our rural communities through our youth.