August 5, 2013 at 01:48pm
ST. PAUL (August 5, 2013) – Does the smell of strong coffee and fresh baked cookies bring back fond memories of your parents’ kitchen where you sat around the table and talked? Well you can have that at the Minnesota Farmers Union (MFU) booth at the State Fair as well. Come by 1635 Dan Patch Avenue to the MFU booth where farmers and consumers can exchange ideas over a cup of our delicious Farmers Choice coffee and much-loved mocha and chai bars, and frappes. New this year, MFU will also have vanilla, and mango ice cream bars; and freshly baked cookies with milk! Come see us at 1635 Dan Patch Avenue, just inside the Snelling Avenue gate & grab a treat and a drink to get you going, or feel free to rest your weary feet in our back patio! See you at the Fair!
MFU activities at the Fair:
- Friday, August 23 at 2:30 p.m. sponsorship of the celebrity milking contest (located outside the dairy barn);
- Saturday, August 24 at 6 p.m. - 4-H auction with MFU President Doug Peterson as one of auctioneers;
- Sunday, August 25 at 7:45 a.m.- the MFU-sponsored milk run;
- Sunday, August 25, 12 p.m. – MFU sponsored dairy showcase at the AgStar judging arena;
- Sunday, August 25 - 11th annual Minnesota Cooks Program from 10 a.m. - 4 p.m., in Carousel Park, just west of the Grandstand Ramp. You can check out the schedule at www.minnesotacooks.org, and you can pick up a free Minnesota Cooks calendar at the MFU booth after the event;
- Thursday, August 29, 12-1 p.m. – MFU President Doug Peterson will be the Linder Farm Network farm broadcaster of the day from the MFU booth with special guest Governor Mark Dayton appearing at 12:30 p.m.