August 19, 2014 at 02:13pm
Minnesota Farmers Union (MFU) is set for the Fair with some delicious new treats, some refreshing old ones and some good ol’ conversation!
The MFU booth is located at 1635 Dan Patch Avenue, just inside the Snelling Avenue entrance where we will have our delicious Farmers Choice coffee and much-loved mocha and mango bars, and frappes. New this year, MFU will also have a caramel-based ice cream with pralines and cookies, s’mores mocha, and four varieties of cookie sandwiches – chocolate chip cookies with mocha ice cream, peanut butter cookies with chocolate ice cream, sugar cookies with mango ice cream, and turtle cookies with vanilla ice cream! Stop by, grab something to drink and a treat to eat, or feel free to rest your weary feet in our back patio. See you at the Fair!
MFU activities at the Fair:
- Thursday, August 21 at 12 p.m. – MFU President Doug Peterson will be the Linder Farm Network farm broadcaster of the day from the MFU booth with special guests Senator Al Franken, State Conservationist Don Baloun, State Representative Rick Hansen and FFA President Jack Roessler;
- Friday, August 22 at 2:30 p.m. - sponsorship of the celebrity cow milking contest;
- Saturday, August 23 at 6 p.m. - 4-H auction with MFU President Doug Peterson as one of auctioneers;
- Sunday, August 24 at 7:45 a.m.- the MFU-sponsored milk run;
- Sunday, August 24 - 12th annual Minnesota Cooks Program from 10 a.m. - 4 p.m., in Carousel Park, just west of the Grandstand Ramp. You can check out the schedule at www.minnesotacooks.org, and you can pick up a free Minnesota Cooks calendar at the event;
- Tuesday, August 26 – 11:15 a.m. – MFU Vice President Gary Wertish will be on the MN Farm Network from the MFU booth;
- Monday, September 1 at 1 p.m. - MFU President Doug Peterson will be on a labor panel at the DFL booth; and
- MFU will also be participating in the Agrilympics, for more information, www.mnstatefair.org/entertainment/ag_exhibits/agri-lympics.html